December 29, 2004

Whispers from 2004...2

I watched as hell became a place on earth and my heart sank deeper and deeper for the 70000 dead, many, many more still lost and the mass burial sites. I have this strong want to curse someone, whichever one... yet, there is no one to blame. Except the Thai Met Station for delaying the release of the forecasted Tsunami that claimed the lives of so many 3 days ago.

Actually, I didn't even curse. I just shook my head while my Mum went 'jek ar!' What words can begin to describe such a catastrophe? Even less words can begin to describe how one feels towards such brutality, not of Nature but of people who are so selfish, so short-sighted, so downright moronic.

Every end of the year, I observed and recall, we are reminded of how vulnerable human lives are, how we are really powerless in the face of Nature's wrath. We keep wanting to change Her so as to gain more control over Her and ultimately, convenience ourselves. We forgot She doesn't have to change at all to assert her control over each and everyone of us.

I try to think it as Nature's way of population control. Still, it's not convincing.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 23:06